Now in its second year, Oscillations & Modulations is a two–day festival of synthesisers and electronic music, taking place 27th and 28th September 2019 in various locations throughout the city of Derry/Londonderry, with partners including Ulster University, Movin Music Academy, North West Regional College, Cultúrlann uí Chanáin, Delta Sound Labs and Abbazappa Records.
The festival's goal is to celebrate and support an expanding ecosystem of electronic music culture, joining the dots between the music–makers and teachers, synthesiser designers and performers, music studios and music spaces that help to shape and inspire the musical landscape of the city, the wider north–west, and Northern Ireland as a whole.
This year’s event is especially significant, as it coincides with the launch of Ulster’s new degree in Music, Sound and Technology.
A brief overview of what to expect:
- Modular synth–building workshops
- Hands-on workshops on modular synthesiser systems
- Talks / Q&As with industry professionals on new and vintage synthesisers and more
- Free open days at a number of local music studios
- Various music events across a number of the city’s most exciting spaces
- Showcases and live performances from local and not so local electronic artists
- Showcases from instrument builders, hackers and exploring all things DIY
- Live Quadrophonic performances
- Studio tours, including the recording studios at Magee campus
For full details, with up-to-date schedules, booking, locations and artists’ profiles, see www.oscillationsandmodulations.com
We are grateful to the Provosts’ Outreach Event Fund (Higher Education Innovation Fund) for their support of the first Oscillations and Modulations festival, and to the School of Arts and Humanities and our event partners for their support of this year’s event.
Derry~Londonderry Campus Location
Derry ~ Londonderry campus offers an intimate learning environment.
This event has ended
Friday 27 September to Saturday 28 September
Magee campus and partner venues across Derry/Londonderry