Are you an experienced professional working in the Media and Communication industries? Do you have expertise that would be valuable to the next generation but now isn't the time for a career change? Are you keen to feed your skills and knowledge back to make our industries better? Could you take part in a Q&A, help deliver an online class or be part of a masterclass? Are there things that you wished that you had learned at University that you could offer young practitioners? Life lesson, cheeky shortcuts, best practice from the field?
The School of Communication and Media are aiming to increase our database of external industry experts that we engage with to enrich our curriculum across our courses. We have a large number of Courses across the the school which are industry facing, critically engaged and student centred. We are looking to broaden our register of freelancers, industry professionals, practitioners and part-time staff across the courses.
There are a number of ways to work in and with the School and the Ulster Screen Academy:
- Masterclasses - Day or 1/2 Day specialist workshops
- Guest Speaker - A short talk on your profession and projects you have worked on, followed by a Q&A with students delivered remotely.
- Lecturing - Teaching in the classroom at an hourly rate, delivering module content, assessments and teaching alongside the core team. Either remotely, or Face-2-Face
- Demonstration - Skills based demonstration of software, equipment or techniques. Face-2-Face on campus.
We currently offer courses relating to the Creative and Communications Industries at undergraduate level in:
- Screen Production
- Interactive Media
- Communication Advertising and Marketing
- Communication Management and Public Relations
At postgraduate we offer:
- Communication and Public Relations
- Digital Marketing Communication and Leadership