Join Ulster University's Confucius Institute for a virtual celebration of Chinese New Year, the Year of the Tiger, on 28 January at 11am.
This is an extra special year, as we celebrate 10 years since the Confucius Institute at Ulster University was established. To mark this milestone, we have produced a special virtual celebration which brings our two cultures together in music, dance and cultural performances from both the Island of Ireland and China.
This is a free online event, and everyone is welcome to join.
- Ulster University Choir
- Millburn Primary School Choir
- Carrickfergus Academy Choir
- Campbell College Pipe Band
- Traditional Irish Music and Dance in association with Music at Magee, Ulster University: Moya Sweeney – accordion, Odhran Sweeney – guitar and Mary McGuiggan - Irish step dancer
- Traditional Irish Dancing performed by the McEntegart School of Irish dancing in Newry
- Traditional Ulster-Scots Lambeg drumming and fifing medley: Lambeg Drummer, Craig Sloan and Fifer, Matthew Warwick
This event is kindly sponsored by Consulate General of the People's Republic of China, The Executive Office, Department of Education, Newry, Mourne and Down District Council and Mid and East Antrim Borough Council.