Work Experience Skills Builder (Part-Time Job)
Get EDGE Award accreditation for your Part time job by learning about the skills you are developing and the evidence you are creating that will support your future job applications and interviews.
Outline of Activity
Identify examples of transferable skills gained through practical and interpersonal learning opportunities in work/volunteering. Also support the articulation and review of evidence against key employability skills.
Knowledge and Understanding
- Demonstrate understanding of an industrial, community or voluntary sector.
- Describe their own role within the organisational structure
- Reflect on their experiences and assimilate information in relation to the development of their transferable skills.
Professional/ Practical Skills
- Recognise opportunities to develop employability skills within the context of the period of experience.
- Assess progress against skills development.
- Improve own learning and performance.
- Evidence communication skills.
- Evidence problem solving skills.
- Cite examples of working within a team.
- Evidence of organisational, flexibility and or leadership skills.
- Evidence of a high standard of service delivery and or customer care.
- A reflective journal containing minimum of 3 entries (Approximately 200 words each)
- A visual poster (containing four image and two text boxes, maximum 100 words each)
- Representing and summarising the overall experience.
Level of Commitment
Work based learning