Short Term Work Placements
Ulster students undertake work placements in a variety of sectors during their time at University. For the experience to be EDGE eligible, the work experience must be in addition to the students degree programme.
Outline of Activity
Completing a work placement allows the student to discover what working in a particular role is like and gain the essential real life experience that is highly sought after by employers.
Doing a work placement will:
- Provide an insight into the way organisations operate and the challenges they face
- Gain learning opportunities for discipline knowledge and specific skills
- Discover more about yourself and where your strengths lie
- Support the review of evidence against key employability skills
- Clarify your career goals and support students in career planning
- Provide you with networking opportunities.
Students are required to provide information on the following survey so this experience can be verified with the organisation.
Level of Commitment
Level of commitment
- Minimum of 20+ hours
- 1+ week or part time
Employability Business Services Unit
+44 28 9536 5122
Connect with Maria: LinkedIn
BD-03-027 - Belfast campus
- Maria has responsibility for the School of Computing
- She leads on employer engagement