Employer Insight Programme
Ulster University works with a range of organisations to provide Employer Insight experiences for students over the Easter and summer break.
Outline of Activity
The Employer Insight provides first & second year students the opportunity to learn about the industry, work shadow staff and hear from recent graduates and placement students. For the experience to be EDGE eligible, the work experience must be in addition to the students degree programme i.e. in noway contribute to another module of your degree. CITI, Allstate, Pinsent, EY and Fintrucurrently offer programmes in April and June each year. A student can also set up an Insight Programme with an employer of their own choice, details should be sent for consideration.
- Assist students to better understand the world of work
- Gain learning opportunities for discipline specific skills
- Discover more about yourself and where your strengths lie
- Support the review of evidence against key employability skills
- Support students in career planning.
Students are required to email Maria Curran at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of dates, organisation, name of contact and their email so it can be validated.
Level of Commitment
Minimum of 10 hours over several weeks to include:
1 - 5 days
Employability Business Services Unit
+44 28 9036 8423
Connect with Maria: LinkedIn
02F01 - Jordanstown campus
- Maria has responsibility for the School of Computing
- She leads on employer engagement