Student participation in CIPR/PRCA
All students registered on the Communications Advertising and Marketing and Communication Management and Public Relations degrees are eligible for student membership of the CIPR/PRCA.
Outline of Activity
The two key professional bodies in the PR field are the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) and the Public Relations & Communications Association (PRCA). Students are able to attend professional meetings and personal development seminars and network with full members of CIPR and/or PRCA. Students are encouraged to contribute to events and activities sponsored by both groups. Student membership is CIPR is available, and both organisations welcome student reps on the local committees.
- On completion of the activity students will be able to demonstrate:
- Engagement with CIPR and/or PRCA through attendance at events, networking with members.
- They have used the experiences with CIPR and/or PRCA to enhance their employability.
- To be given credit on this module students will have engaged in a minimum of 20 hours of CIPR and/or PRCA related activity.
- Students will complete a diary and reflective log based upon their experiences
Level of Commitment
In addition to the 20 hours of CIPR and/or PRCA activity students will attend a briefing and debriefing session to identify the aims and objectives of the module