Student Mentor and Curriculum Collaborator
Student undergraduates will act as mentors to students of a lower year group.
Outline of Activity
Student will mentor younger students within a module offering guidance to enhance their engagement and belonging. The students will also contribute and collaborate with staff on curriculum design helping them to offer a student centred experience.
Students develop their mentoring skills through induction, mentoring and reflection.
Students employability will be enhanced with opportunities for:
- Team leadership
- Contributing to curriculum meetings
- Providing student feedback
- Monitoring student groups performance
The students must:
- attend the training induction session
- attend and contribute to mentoring sessions as timetabled by academic
- attend and contribute to reflective meetings as timetables by academic
- present a reflection on their contribution, their findings and their development from participating in the process - this can be a written report or an end of year presentation.
Level of Commitment
30 hours with 20+ hours mentoring and other hours involved in planning, reflection and collaborative design activities.
|30 hours with 20+ hours to include:|
Collaborative design activities