Outline of Activity
Students from Ulster University are an important asset to the School of Criminology, Politics and Social Policy outreach, recruitment, induction and marketing activities. As a Student Ambassador you may have the opportunity to help us in other areas such as website market research, social media monitoring & contribution and general marketing administration. If you offer to help with an event you are expected to turn up and be on time. If you have any problems attending or running late, let the member of staff who is organising you activity know.
- Commitment, perseverance and reliability
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills – particularly listening and a strong sense of professionalism
- Adaptability to changing environments
- A positive approach and the ability to be open-minded.
Key responsibilities and objectives of the role:
- Include to work with and for the School of Criminology, Politics and Social Policy at on campus and off campus activities; this will include supporting representing Ulster at School and College Higher Education recruitment fairs, careers fairs, delivering presentations and attending open days.
- To be a positive student role model encouraging prospective students to consider Ulster as a viable and attractive option.
- To offer support to prospective students, fellow staff members involved in the activities, in a safe and friendly manner.
- To work with course teams in planning meetings and in running sessions
- To take responsibility for growing your knowledge of all undergraduate programmes (and postgraduate where necessary) offered at Ulster.
- Ensuring thorough preparation to ensure presentations are delivered in a professional manner.
- Ensuring any attendance at higher education fairs is timely and professional
- Speaking to prospective students, their parents and teachers.
- To collect contact details of prospective students where appropriate for subsequent communication by Student Marketing
- Reporting back in a timely manner on events attended for our records, and for the purposes of verifying your EDGE activity.
- Submitting expense claims in a timely manner.
Students will be expected to complete a short self-assessment and reflection on the activities they have participated in during the course of their role as Student Ambassador for the School.
This will be sent for verification to the lead agent in the School.
Level of Commitment