Sage & Excel Accounting Software Workshop
The aim of this workshop is to increase the employability prospects of business and accounting students by giving them practical experience of the use of accounting software packages.
Outline of Activity
The workshop will provide students with training on how Excel and Sage software is utilised by accountants in practice and industry. Students will work on real life business simulations and will enter business transactions onto the accounting packages. Students will prepare working papers; financial statements and the business case file for review by qualified accountants in practice. This workshop is targeted at business and accounting students who are in their final degree year.
- Learn how to use accounting software packages
- Gain commercial and business awareness
- Consolidate their academic financial accounting knowledge gained from year 1 & 2 accounting modules.
- Employability skills
- Gain an insight into the working environment of the accountancy profession.
A business case study will be given to students which will include details of business transactions incurred throughout the accounting period. Students will be required to submit a case file incorporating:
- Excel spread sheets summarising sales and purchases invoices
- Formatted trial balance
- Nominal ledger activity
- Final financial statements and
- Completed HM Revenue & Customs self assessment tax return.
Level of Commitment
30 hours in total:
|2 Day workshop||7 hours X 2|
|Case Study Progress meeting||1 hour|
|Self study to include practising Sage activities provided in workshop handbook and preparation of case file for submission and review.||14 hours|
|Feedback Workshop||1 hour|