PANI Advertising Competition
Only open to BSc Com, Ad and Marketing and BDEs Graphic Design and Illustration. Students from the School of Communication and School of Art and Design form cross-disciplinary teams, are assigned to a mentor ad agency.
Outline of Activity
Students will create an ad campaign based on an brief, pitch their campaign to a panel and, subject to certain conditions (including that the winning work meets the required standard), get to see their campaign go live.
- Commercial awareness
- Awareness of a complementary discipline
- Appreciation of internal workings of an advertising agency
- Knowledge of the practicalities of creating an ad campaign
- Personal and interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Negotiation skills
- Team working skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to motivate others
- Problem solving skills
- Appreciation of creativity in practice
- Organisational and planning skills
- Project management
- Research skills
- Development of self-esteem and confidence.
- Attendance at two pre-brief workshops
- Mentor agency report on participation
- Participation in pitch.
Level of Commitment
Attendance at two workshops
Scheduled time with mentor agency
Working on team on campaign development