Preparing for the world of work
The aim of this activity is to help prepare you for future placement, internships or study abroad opportunities and you are offered the opportunity to participate in a number of practical online activities
Outline of Activity
The aim of this activity is to help prepare you for future placement, internships or study abroad opportunities and you are offered the opportunity to participate in a number of practical online activities such as registering for placement recruit and researching relevant opportunities, exploring resources to develop effective networkin, creating a personal Linkedin profile and completing a series of typical application form questions.
- Know broadly the skills, qualities and abilities placement employers seek in potential employees, and how they are measured.
- Recognise the transferrable skills developed through their academic programme of study and personal activities.
- Ability to discriminate among a range of opportunities.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary for applying for work placement and other opportunities.
- Structure and communicate ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Understand the importance of managing their online presence.
- Gather and analyse information using a variety of resources.
- Develop the ability to self-appraise and reflect on practice.
There are 4 stages in this activity:
Stage 1: Placement
Stage 2: Networking
Stage 3: Online Presence - Linkedin
Stage 4: Applications
It will be presented as online learning and each stage must be fully completed before you can move on to the next stage. You will be required to complete a multiple choice quiz at the end of each stage and successful completion of all four quizzes will result in accreditation of an Ulster EDGE activity
Level of Commitment