Peer Mentorship in Health Sciences
This activity is open to year 2 and year 3 students. Year 3 students must have completed this activity by March in their final year in order to apply for the EDGE award.
Outline of Activity
You will be expected to work alongside peers and tutors to facilitate practical and/tutorial sessions with groups of students from the years below You must attend a training session and you will be expected to attend debriefing sessions to reflect on practice.
- Work as part of a team
- Develop mentorship skills
- Reflect on personal development
- Develop effective time management skills
- Develop your own practice competently, accurately and safely through mentorship
- Communicate effectively to peers, tutors and students
- Critically reflect on and evaluate experiences and practice
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and review
- Demonstrate an understanding of what makes a good teaching session
You will be required to assist in student practical and/or tutorial sessions and write a reflective review of your mentorship experience
Level of Commitment
Minimum of 20 hours engagement