Peer Facilitation and Feedback
'Preparation for Practice Learning' Module is a pre-requisite module which must be successfully completed prior to social work students commencing their first work based placement.
Outline of Activity
Facilitate 6 one hour sessions with peers from the year below. Two of the sessions include direct input to teaching supported by lecturer on 'Preparation for Practice Learning' Module. A further 4 peer feedback sessions are completed online to support first years to develop their writing.
- Contribute to an interactive shared learning environment within the classroom and online, supported by resources on BBL.
- Recognise the benefits of peer facilitation and feedback in constructing new knowledge.
- Reflect on the range of issues facing first years student learning experience on the social work degree programme.
- Utilise BBL and VLE tools to complete peer feedback task.
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team and independently throughout.
- Identify issues that could arise in peer facilitation and feedback sessions.
- Revision of key skills, knowledge and values associated with practice learning in social work.
Attend induction workshop - the role and skills require of peer facilitator / peer feedback.
Facilitate 2 peer learning inputs to lecture roster.
Provide 4 peer feedback sessions online, supported by tools within BBL, commenting on the written work of first year students.
Maintain a reflective journal on their learning experience of peer facilitation and feedback.
Level of Commitment