Peer Assisting in Practice within the Model Pharmacy
Enhance your employability by supporting your peers.
Outline of Activity
The key focus of this peer assisting activity is to allow students to develop effective interpersonal communication skills, create a patient-centred relationship and improve confidence in a practical context through interacting with a range of pharmacy students in different year groups.
- To gain the experience of interacting with a range of pharmacy students
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team
- To gain time management skills, professionalism and reliability
- To improve confidence
- Show commitment to peer assisting within the Model Pharmacy
- Reflect on personal development
- Communicate effectively in written form
- Utilise IT resources to retrieve and organise information
- Manage time effectively
Students will be expected to attend the training workshops, facilitate weekly practical sessions and attend weekly debrief sessions.
In addition, you will be required to keep a weekly reflective diary and write a 500 word review of your experience participating in Peer Assisting in the Model Pharmacy.
Level of Commitment
30 hours to include responsibilities and activities