Mind Your Mood Ambassador
This programme aims to establish a network of student champions that promote positive mental health in Ulster University, their courses, teams, clubs and societies, as well as the wider community.
Outline of Activity
Ambassadors will be student volunteers supporting the Mind Your Mood student-led campaign, promoting positive mental health on campus, growing the message of the campaign as widely as possible, and encouraging greater student engagement in the movement.
Ambassadors will complete a training programme delivered by Student Support, and will develop an action plan to work on through the year. Ambassadors will meet monthly with Mind Your Mood Coordinators.
Upon completing all aspects of this EDGE activity, students will have;
- Increased their personal knowledge and understanding of mental and emotional health issues
- Have completed a project to raise awareness and challenge the stigma around mental health
- Have increased knowledge of support services to be able to signpost fellow students to other relevant support services
- Gained communication, leadership and team working skills
- Developed digital engagement skills which can be used in both the classroom and future employment
- Developed skills in peer leadership and student engagement.
- Students will complete a training session delivered by Student Support staff, completing a personal action plan as to how they will promote Mind Your Mood, and run a 'mini' campaign with their constituent group.
- Ambassadors will meet monthly with Mind Your Mood Coordinators and act as an advisory group to the Mind Your Mood campaign.
- By completing training, the action plan, completing a project and submitting a logbook, students will be able to get this activity accredited towards the EDGE Award.
Level of Commitment
20 hours to include:
- Students will be expected to attend and complete training session at the beginning of the academic year.
- Students will be expected to promote any Mind Your Mood workshops and activities, and be available to attend an agreed percentage of these on their campus.
- Student will be expected to meet Mind Your Mood Coordinators on a monthly basis, acting as an Advisory group to the Mind Your Mood campaign.