Imagine Cup Competition
Imagine Cup is a global competition that empowers the next generation of computer science students to team up and use their creativity, passion and knowledge of technology to create applications that shape how we live, work and play.
Outline of Activity
This competition requires a student team to initially put together a design of proposed software solution for a problem within a specified theme.
- Develop commercial awareness
- Personal and interpersonal skills
- Verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Time management
- Negotiation skills
- Team working, relating to others effectively
- Active listening
- Ability to motivate others
- Ability to deal with potential conflict situations
- Problem solving skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Project management
- Presentation skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Research skills
- Development of self-motivation, confidence and self esteem.
Level of Commitment
This is a huge commitment taken on by the students.
It will require full commitment from all team members with the first stage beginning November/December.
The initial research and design document will require minimum of 2 weeks.
If successful in first phase the second phase of developmental work will require a huge time commitment for 3 months’ development minimum.
To find out more about this activity check the website.