Outline of Activity
Nursing students in year 3 and Drama students in year 2 will explore the use of drama in healthcare education and patient care through engagement with each other in a set of educational and confidence building activities that will ultimately result in them acting as patients / clients in a variety of healthcare scenarios.
- Work collaboratively in a cross-disciplinary team
- Analyse and develop their presentation of self to others (through use of appropriate body language, tone of speech)
- Advance their self-confidence
- Expand their repertoire of communication skills
- Evaluate the use of role play in education
- Explore the potential for integration of drama within healthcare settings.
|Independent study:||15 hours|
|Face-to-Face contact:||15 hours|
|Email discussion / web support:||10 hours|
Total: 40 hours
Level of Commitment
Students will complete a 750 word reflective account. In this they should reflect on:
- What were the 3 best aspects of the interaction and 3 elements that would have improved it (250 words).
- How the skills they have developed during this activity will be of benefit to their future professional practice (500 words).
Students should submit this account to Pat Deeny within 4 weeks of the activity.