Cultural Awareness: in preparation for the multicultural workplace
The workshop approach to the delivery of this learning session will develop your ability to operate and manage effectively in a multicultural working environment.
Outline of Activity
The workshop approach to the delivery of this learning session will develop your ability to operate and manage effectively in a multicultural working environment by providing you with opportunities to think about your own cultural backgrounds and to appreciate and advance your style of communication with colleagues and peers from other cultures as you live and work in a multicultural country.
- Engage in discussion on the importance of communication in a multicultural work setting
- Increase your knowledge of the role people play to improve inter-cultural understanding
- Reflect on the need for multicultural awareness and skills, as new immigrants move into the workforce and the number of international clients' increase.
- Think critically on how customs and traditions can be used to identify better inter-cultural
- Recognise and understand the drivers for multi-cultural workplaces and societies.
The activity is delivered in a Workshop style for a period of 3 hours. It is pitched at level 4.
Individual study time is expected for the coursework elements to be created and submitted.
Level of Commitment
It is 100% Coursework:
You will be expected to create and implement a personal development action plan to maintain, build upon and demonstrate cultural awareness skills.