Business Taxation in Ireland
The workshop will introduce students to business taxation in the Republic of Ireland. Students will work through a simulated business case study which will include elements of Irish Income Tax, VAT and Pay as You Earn (PAYE).
Outline of Activity
Students will be required to make a presentation, at the end of day two, to an Irish resident business, on various aspects of the Irish taxation system. Students will also be asked to prepare a tax return using the Irish Revenue Online Software (ROS) package. The activity will consist of a two day interactive workshop. The workshop will be aimed at second and third year students, who have completed the Business Taxation 1 module or the Capital Gains Tax, Estate Planning & Ethics module.
At the end of training programme students will be able to;
- Students will be required to demonstrate knowledge of business taxation in the Republic of Ireland.
- Students will be required to apply their knowledge of business taxation to a live business case study.
- Students will gain confidence in making presentations.
- Students will be required to use TaxFind, an online Irish taxation resource, together with Irish Revenue website.
- Students gain expertise in preparing a tax return using Revenues Online Software (ROS).
Students will be required to complete a tax return and a presentation for a simulated Irish resident business.
Level of Commitment
14 hours over two day workshops and 6 hours of independent study