Ulster University Choir Membership
Building teamwork/leadership capacity via membership and participation of the various activities of the Ulster University Choir
Outline of Activity
This EDGE Award accredited activity is centred on learning and developing professional teamwork/leadership skills acquired through the various activities required to be a member of the Ulster University Choir. Articulating and evidencing your skills via written evidence i.e. CV / Application/Interview is a key requirement of commencing your engagement with future employers. This activity develops key employability skills such as communication / teamwork / leadership / decision making / planning / organisation and presentation skills through active/practical learning in the choir. Committing this additional work and time outside your university course enhances your university experience and future employability. It also gives recognition that you have continued your self-learning beyond the classroom environment.
Understand the importance of being an active member of Ulster University Choir and how this additional work and commitment enhances your future employability
- Understand the importance of planning, organising and prioritizing your time allows you to enhance your university experience
- Identify examples of transferable skills gained through participation in the choir and demonstrate how it will influence your future employability
- Understand the importance employers place on volunteering your effort and time to an activity that enhances your civic contribution, 'citizenship / giving back'
- Articulate how you deliver performances to diverse audiences
Create a visual poster (developed from a provided template containing four images and four text boxes, maximum 100 words each) detailing your skill development and how these skills will enhance your future employability
Level of Commitment
- Each candidate must be able to authentically demonstrate 20 hrs of structured choir engagement building a strong team for Performance.
- 10 hrs of Performance Delivery