Outline of Activity
Students at Level 5 and 6 will work with the first year students on the field trip and facilitate the various sociological activities and small group work.
- Provide support and facilitate Level 4 students on their annual Sociology Field Trip
- Read and prepare key discussion questions for fieldwork theme
- Produce a reflective learning diary about the experience in relation to applied sociology and sociology in the classroom.
- Students will be asked to produce a reflective learning piece that outlines their role, responsibilities and reflections on participating in facilitating Level 4 students carrying out applied sociology in the field.
- The reflective piece will include a personal account of the activities they have facilitated and a discussion of the ways in which they have benefitted from their role as peer mentors on the Field Trip.
Level of Commitment
|preparation including 1 hour preparatory meeting with convenor||10 hours|
|Field Trip including 3 hours face-to-face working with students||5 hours|
|Writing up reflective piece||10 hours|