Outline of Activity
This can take the format of a written article (no more than 800 words) a video log, a presentation to peers or a blog which can include photos.
Students will have an opportunity to:
- Understand the services offered by UUSU and will confidently be able to speak to students about these services and signpost accordingly.
- Develop a better understanding of UUSU, Ulster University and Campus Life and the services they offer to the Student Population.
- Describe and communicate confidently the services we provide and signpost accordingly.
- Work as part of a team including both UUSU staff and university departments to deliver a range of events
- Develop and demonstrate your Employability Skills by being part of the UUSU Welcome Week/Freshers events and activities.
- Work with others to deliver a suite of activities, taking responsibility for communicating safety briefings and ensuring accurate records are maintained
- Develop your Event Management Skills by supporting in the preparation and delivery of UUSU suite of activities.
- Effectively learn how to set up a promotional stand and will have gained experience and knowledge in engaging with the student population.
- Develop your Marketing & Communication Skills by engaging with the Student Population during Welcome Week & Freshers.
You will be required to complete a short piece of work on your experience as a member of the SUssed Squad. This can take the format of a written article (no more than 800 words) a video log, a presentation to peers or a blog which can include photos.
Level of Commitment
Students will be required to complete a minimum of 30 volunteer hours over the course of 3 weeks which will include training and planning time, Welcome Week, and Fresher’s week