International Placements & Internships
Through our Go Global work-based learning opportunities, students will develop the independence, autonomy and professional skills to succeed in the global workplace. This activity is for international internships and placements that are 8-52 weeks in duration.
Outline of Activity
Through our Go Global work-based learning opportunities, students will develop the independence, autonomy and professional skills to succeed in the global workplace.
This activity is for international experiences lasting 8-52 weeks
The University recognises the need to support the wider student community in increasing their global awareness during their time at Ulster. Through our Go Global work-based learning opportunities, students will develop the independence, autonomy and professional skills to succeed in the global workplace.
Assist students to experience different education systems and new ways of learning, whilst exploring diverse cultures.
- Assist students to experience different cultures and build cultural awareness to better understand the global workplace
- Gain learning opportunities for discipline specific skills and to discover more about yourself and where your strengths lie
- Support the review of evidence against the development of key employability skills Support students in career planning
Did you do an international year long placement as part of your degree?
Please note that if you are completing or have completed an international year long placement and are receiving the Diploma in Professional Practice (International) then your placement will automatically count towards your EDGE Award. The relevant EDGE activity will show on your EDGE record around November/December of your final year. You do not need to provide additional evidence for the purposes of EDGE.
Evidence for EDGE Award accreditation (programmes that do not count as your year long placement)
If you completed any of the following programmes please provide evidence of completion and email this evidence to email@example.com. Evidence can be email confirmation from the relevant organisation or an official certificate of completion. Evidence must be provided within the same year that you completed the programme.
- Camp America
- CRCC Asia Internships - China, Japan, Korea and Vietnam
- Erasmus Work Abroad (3-12 months)
- Global Premier Soccer
- Intern China
- Meddeas Spain (5-9 months)
- Project Children Internships
- UK Soccer International
- USA Summer Camp
- Washington Ireland Programme
If the programme you completed is not listed above please contact us to discuss getting this added to your EDGE Award record.