Outline of Activity
Provide mentoring which will involve both academic, practical and pastoral support.
The main learning outcomes will be:
- Recognise the key features of the mentoring role
- Explain the nature of the difficulties faced by the mentor
- Apply the academic knowledge and skills to the mentoring process, appropriate to the needs of the mentee
- Appraise strengths and areas for development based on experience of the mentoring process.
Students are required to submit a reflective learning journal (1000 words) based on their experience of the mentoring process, which answers the following questions:
- What is your understanding of the role of an academic mentor? (250 words)
- What is your understanding of the challenges faced by the mentee? (250 words)
- What were your specific role and responsibilities - what did you do and why? (250 words)
- What worked, what did you learn and what would you do differently next time? (250 words).
Level of Commitment
40 hours to include:
Face to face contact
| 30 hours|