Sports Outreach Sport For LIFE Programme
The Sport for LIFE programme is a London 2012 Inspire Mark programme which seeks to engage P5 children from the most disadvantaged schools in Northern Ireland in a physical activity and health intervention.
Outline of Activity
Students from the School of Sport receive quality assurance training in delivering the 12 week programme and are then assigned to one of the 189 partner schools involved in the project.
Students will be able to:
- Demonstarte a range of teaching and learning strategies in the delivery of cross
curricular physical activity sessions in primary schools.
- Demonstrate management and organisation skills in a practical teaching context.
- Attend Sport for LIFE quality assurance training (2 days)
- Successfully attain pre-required level of competence prior to deployment
- Completion of a series of pre-set key performance indicators.
Level of Commitment
Minimum 60 hours.