GymFUN Mentoring Programme
The UU GymFUN Mentoring programme aims to provide opportunities for Ulster students and aspiring physical education teachers/professional sports coaches.
Outline of Activity
This programme aims to provide opportunities for Ulster studentsand aspiring physical education teachers/professional sports coaches who hold UKCC level2 coaching awards to become Mentor Coaches providing coaching development andplanning advise to trainee coaches as part of the British Gymnastics UKCC CoachingFramework.
- Hold a British Gymnastics Level 2 coaching award
- Act as a Mentor coach student undertaking the In 2 Coaching GymFUN programme
- Work in a gymnastics setting/club taking on increased responsibility for group and class management.
- Attend GymFUN mentor training
- Mentor at least 1 undergraduate student complete a British gymnastics Level 1 assessment
- Completion of personal action plan and review with a trainee coach.
Level of Commitment
30 hours to include:
This excludes any BG coaching courses that they may attend