GymFUN In 2 coaching programme
The GymFUN in 2 Coaching programme aims to increase the quality of gymnastics and fundamental movement skills teaching/coaching in NI.
Outline of Activity
A 2 Coaching programme provides opportunities for Ulster students and aspiring physical education teachers/professional sports coaches (who hold Level 1 British gymnastics coaching awards) to increase their knowledge, experience and confidence in teaching gymnastics in clubs and schools throughout NI.
- Increased awareness of practical and theory based sports coaching delivery in a community club setting
- Demonstrate a range of coaching strategies in the delivery gymnastics sessions with children
- Plan and deliver a series of safe and progressive gymnastics classes with a small group of gymnasts.
- Attend GymFUN coach training
- Completion of 30 weeks of gymnastics coaching activity with a small group of recreational gymnasts under supervision in a GymFUN partner club
- Completion of personal action plan and review.
Level of Commitment
30 hours to include:
This excludes any BG coaching courses that they may attend