GymFUN Coach Leadership Programme
The GymFUN (gymnastics) Coach Leadership Programme aims to provide opportunities for Ulster students coaches.
Outline of Activity
Demonstrate, lead, plan and deliver gymnastic classes.
- Increased awareness of practical and theory based sports coaching and leadership in a community club setting
- Demonstrate a range of coaching strategies in the delivery gymnastics sessions with children of increasing ability and skill level
- Lead, plan and deliver a series of safe and progressive gymnastics classes (with increasing responsibility for other coaches) and in more advanced recreational settings.
- Work with a mentor coach to action plan for and progress level 1 coaching skills on preparation for undertaking a level 2 British Gymnastics Training course
- Attend GymFUN coach training
- Completion of 60 weeks of gymnastics coaching activity with a small group of recreational gymnasts under supervision
- Completion of personal action plan and review with Mentor Coach
- Registration/completion of a British Gymnastics Level 2 course (where appropriate).
Level of Commitment
30 hours to include:
Excludes any BG coaching courses that they may attend