Self-Awareness and Reflection
This activity encourages students to utilise a suite of online self-assessments to help them understand their motivations, preferences and values.
Outline of Activity
This activity encourages students to utilise a suite of online self-assessments to help them understand their motivations, preferences and values which includes topics such as 'Understanding your Strengths', 'Personal Resilience', 'Learning Styles' and 'Emotional Intelligence'. By completing these assessments, it can offer individual insight, begin to plan their career journey and even implement them in everyday life. It will also help students to develop a plan of how to secure rewarding internship, work experience, placement and graduate opportunities.
- Develop self-awareness of your transferable, employability skills, knowledge and experiences through your degree and extra-curricular activities to enable career decision making.
- Explore and research what is required to progress into a range of career options relating to, and outside of your subject.
- Articulate how you intend to develop professionally and personally, to enrich your student and graduate experience.
1. Complete 4 career assessments on the Tools (Abintegro) platform *Provide a screen shot at the end of each assessment as evidence*
2. A personal SWOT Analysis - By completing a SWOT Analysis you can quickly and succinctly identify your Strengths and Weaknesses, how to uncover/exploit Opportunities and aware/eliminate Threats.
Level of Commitment
Students are required to complete 20 hours (includes: completion of 4 self-assessments (using the Abintegro platform), and a SWOT analysis to highlight findings from the self-assessments)