NIUAS – Flying & Leadership Development Programme (Module 2)
Flying & Leadership Development Programme - Module 2 (Certified Participation in year 2 - NIUAS) providing advanced theoretical and practical flying and leadership training coupled with supporting advanced life skills and experiences and force development.
Outline of Activity
To develop advanced flying, leadership and management skills through a challenging programme of RAF / military activities, flying, navigation, adventurous training and sport.
This will involve advanced theoretical and practical aviation skills and command, leadership, physical, advance skill at arms / instruction, first aid, map reading, marching, etiquette, sport, field craft and adventurous training.
- Advanced Principles and theories and applications of flight.
- Advanced Principles and theories and application of leadership and management.
- Be able to apply leadership principles and theories of leadership and management.
- Able to understand and use advance techniques of oral and written communication.
- Understand the principles of advanced map reading and navigation and apply them to flight and in an outdoor environment.
- Application of the values and standards relating to leadership and management roles.
- Application of effective interdisciplinary teamwork
- Have a grasp of advanced social etiquette theory, deportment and have put this into practice.
- Experience of organising, planning and delivering a number of cultural and social activities.
Certificate (Module 2) signed by NIUAS Sqn Ldr evidencing satisfactory completion of the module and associated assessments.
All supporting evidence to show sufficient attendance at training and assessment papers/results will be held by the NIUAS to support EDGE activity award.
Level of Commitment
1. 20 x evenings (Oct - March annually)
2. 8 x weekends Friday evening to Sunday (Oct - March annually)
3. 15 day camp (June annually)
4. 5 day adventure training qualification course (usually May through Sept annually).