NIUAS – Flying & Leadership Development Programme (Module 1)
Flying & Leadership Development Programme – Module 1 (Certified Participation in year 1 – NIUAS) providing theoretical and practical flying and leadership training coupled with supporting life skills and experiences and force development.
Outline of Activity
- To develop flying, leadership and management skills through a challenging programme of RAF / military activities, flying, navigation, adventurous training and sport.
- This will involve theoretical and practical aviation skills and command, leadership, physical, skill at arms, first aid, map reading, marching, etiquette, sport, field craft and adventurous training.
- A good grounding in the principles and theories and applications of flight.
- A good grounding in the principles and theories of leadership and management.
- Be able to apply leadership principles and theories of leadership and management.
- Able to understand and use the basic techniques of oral and written communication.
- Understand the principles of map reading and navigation and apply them to flight and in an outdoor environment.
- Understanding of the values and standards relating to leadership and management roles.
- Have a good understanding of how to work and interact within a team.
- Have a grasp of basic social etiquette theory, deportment and have put this into practice.
- Experience of a number of cultural and social activities.
Certificate (Module 1) signed by NIUAS Sqn Ldr as evidence of satisfactory completion of the module and associated assessments.
All supporting evidence to show sufficient attendance at training and assessment papers/results will be held by the NIUAS to support the EDGE activity award.
Level of Commitment
1. 20 x evenings (Oct – March annually)
2. 8 x weekends Friday evening to Sunday (Oct – March annually)
3. 15 day camp (June annually)
4. 5 day adventure training qualification course (usually May through Sept annually).