Improve Your Presentation Skills
Access expert advice and 1-1 coaching to improve your presentation skills. Learn how to project yourself with confidence and maintain the attention of your audience.
Outline of Activity
The ability to present with impact and confidence is a critical skill for students in both academic studies and in the workplace.
Students will have an opportunity to:
- Create a structured, focused plan for a presentation
- Project themselves with confidence and manage nerves and anxiety effectively
- Engage an audience effectively
- Develop engaging resources to assist presentations (e.g. PowerPoint)
- Appreciate the importance and role of body language and personal projection in delivering effective presentations.
Students will be required to complete:
- Attendance at an initial webinar focusing on the key elements of effective presentation skills
- Attendance at individual 1-1 coaching session (30-60 mins) with an Employability Advisor in preparation of a 5 minute pitch/presentation
- Deliver a 5 minute pitch/presentation on a career related topic/area of your choice (presentation will be delivered to a small group of peers) and feedback provided.
Level of Commitment
|Total of 20 hours|
|Attending a webinar|
|Participating in relevant coaching sessions|
|Pitch / presentation delivery|
|Reflective log (300 words)|