Improve Your Presentation Skills
Access expert advice and 1-1 coaching to improve your presentation skills.
Outline of Activity
The ability to present with impact and confidence is a critical skill for students in both academic studies and in the workplace.
Students will have an opportunity to:
- Create a structured, focused plan for a presentation
- Project themselves with confidence and manage nerves and anxiety effectively
- Engage an audience effectively
- Develop engaging resources to assist presentations (e.g. PowerPoint)
- Appreciate the importance and role of body language and personal projection in delivering effective presentations.
Students will be required to complete:
- Attendance at an initial webinar focusing on the key elements of effective presentation skills
- Attendance at individual 1-1 coaching session (30-60 mins) with an Employability Advisor in preparation of a 5 minute pitch/presentation
- Deliver a 5 minute pitch/presentation on a career related topic/area of your choice (presentation will be delivered to a small group of peers) and feedback provided.
Book your place now:
|Activity||Date & Time||Register link|
|Improve your presentation skills||20 October 2-3pm||Register|
|Improve your presentation skills||3 November 2-3pm||Register|
|Improve your presentation skills||17 November 2-3pm||Register|
Level of Commitment
Total of 20 hours
- Attending a webinar
- Participating in relevant coaching sessions
- Presentation preparation
- Pitch / presentation delivery
- Reflective log (300 words)