Outline of Activity
This activity will focuse on empathy and using a range of specific tools and strategies to solve problems, participants will tackle a real world problem and learn how to create solutions using a design thinking approach.
Participants will learn:
- How to effectively frame a problem
- How to create persona's to improve empathy
- How to create lots of solutions to one problem
- How to refine the best solution so that it is feasible and actionable.
In groups participants will:
- Over the course of a full one day workshop, learners will be required to participate in groups to solve a specific problem. At the end of the day learners will pitch their final idea to the assessors. Completion of this activity requires a positive, proactive contribution and a final solution that demonstrates sufficient learning from the day's activities.
- A reflective individual journal (word count 1000) is to be submitted to the assessor/coordinator one week after the workshop. This should demonstrate the various problem solving technique(s) applied, the benefits and any pitfalls of the strategies that you adopted.
Level of Commitment
|Pre-research of the various problem solving techniques/ strategies available|
|One day participation|