External Training Course Accreditation
If you have or are planning to engage in a training course outside of University then this activity will help you secure EDGE Award accreditation for this activity.
Outline of Activity
The key focus of this additional training course EDGE activity is to allow students to gain accreditation for training courses that they have successfully completed in addition to their degree programme.
The key focus of this additional external/internal training/course EDGE activity is to allow students to gain accreditation for training/courses that they have successfully completed in addition to their degree programme. It also gives recognition that you have continued your self-learning beyond the classroom environment. The training/courses must be recognised by any of the following: education awarding body; charity; employer in-house training. It must not impact on your degree programme.
Examples of additional training/courses may include:
GSCE; A Level; Language qualification; City & Guilds Level 2/3; NVQ Level 2/3 Award; OCR First Aid; Health and Safety; Sports qualification; Speech & Drama; and Music (note: if you are completing a course not yet highlighted, please contact the EDGE activity coordinator)
Learning Outcomes include:
- Understand the importance of your personal career journey and applying this training to support your future graduate employment
- Identify examples of transferable skills gained through the provision of the training/course
- Understand the importance employers place on subject specific training
- Support the articulation and reflective practice against key skills developed
- Key skills developed throughout the training
- Personal career benefits of participating in the training
- Dates/hours attended should be recorded
- A short (two line) course provider statement (via email) identifying successful candidate completion
- Proof of certificate
Complete a reflective journal (Approximately 700 words) to include:
Note: Additional external/internal training must be completed during your studies at university. Retrospective courses/training programmes will not be accepted. This training/course must be in addition to your degree programme.
Level of Commitment
Each candidate must be able to demonstrate 20hrs of class-based/informal training and 10hrs independent study (this should be evidenced in the reflective journal).