BCC: Belfast Enterprise Academy (External Opportunity)
This programme provides mentoring to students who wish to set up their own business. It includes a 2 day business challenge, workshops, business planning sessions, minimum of 6 hours one to one mentoring and business visits.
Outline of Activity
Belfast Enterprise Academy is a Belfast City Council programme that provides mentoring to students who wish to set up their own business.
- Development of commercial awareness
- Development of a business plan
- Attending a 2 day business challenge workshop to develop team building and business ideas
- Minimum of 6 hours one to one mentoring with a dedicated mentor to develop business plan
And the strategic direction of:
- Development of business skills by attending 3 workshops from a range of themes (funding your business idea, the design process marketing and legal issues)
- Two business planning sessions to support writing of business plan and idea development
- Minimum of two business visits to gain insight into world of business and meet with real entrepreneurs
- Development of networking skills
- Development of problem solving skills
- Leadership and project development skills
- Development of entrepreneurial skills
- Report writing and business planning skills
- Presentation skills
- Commitment and positive attitude
- Research skills
- Development of self-motivation, confidence and self esteem.
- Attendance at residential workshop
- Attendance of minimum of 6 hours one to one mentoring
- Attendance at 2 business planning sessions
- Attendance at 2 business visits
- Attendance at 3 workshops
- Certificate received from Belfast City Council on completion.
Level of Commitment
32 hours spent:
Additional Time required:
Business Plan writing
Business Planning Sessions