The University has adopted a strategy based upon using Microsoft desktop and communications applications wherever possible.
This simplifies our overall IT environment.
It is also cost effective because the University has negotiated a campus agreement with Microsoft that allows us to take advantage of their communications application (Skype for Business) at minimal additional cost.
Guides for PC/Windows
- Make and receive audio calls
- Manage call handling profiles
- Voicemail in Skype for Business/Instant Messaging
- Create and manage contact lists
- Create and participate in Audio
- Conferencing with video and presenting
- Video Calls
Guides for Mac OS
- Sign in
- Sign out
- Change your presence status
- Check for updates manually
- Send an instant message
- Meetings overview
- Online meeting interface main features
- Schedule an online meting using SFBFM
- Scheduling an unscheduled meeting
- Calls overview
- Contacts overview
- Add and remove a contact
- Add and remove a group
- Interacting with Contacts
- Setting the default email client to Outlook
If you require a conference phone contact the Unified Communications Team as Jabra Speaker 510 devices are available.
About Skype for Business
- Immediately see colleagues' availability status which also reflects outlook calendar availability.
- Instant message colleagues across the University.
- Audio conferencing from the desktop.
- Video conferencing from the desktop and full integration with the University Immersive Video Conferencing Suites.
- Share an application, desktop or document on-screen in real-time.