Lecture Capture and Streaming
Digital Services is a major University administrative department with responsibilities covering library, academic and administrative computing, digital communications, media-technology services and reprographic services.
In Summer 2018, Digital Services introduced Panopto, a video platform designed specifically for education.
The solution was procured to replace Ulster’s previous system and is fully integrated with Blackboard Learn.
Panopto is now the default video solution for:
- capture in physical teaching spaces
- at-desk content creation.
- video assessment submission within Blackboard Learn
Panopto can be used on any teaching room PC or staff can request the application to be installed on their office PC or laptop and MacBook.
Panopto is integrated with Blackboard Learn.
Staff may use the AV/Media Service to make a request to borrow a USB webcam or boundary microphone for the day of their lecture.
There is a limited pool of usb boundary microphones available on each campus.
- A recording from a recent webinar from ODL introducing Panopto at Ulster
- Panopto wiki from ODL on using Panopto within Ulster
- Digital Services support and guidance on the use of Panopto for video capture in physical spaces
- ODL Video resources on using Panopto
How to obtain help
For support on using Panopto in Blackboard please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For other queries Contact the Digital Services IT Service Desk.
The recording service is available for use by University staff through Blackboard. Digital Services also has a pool of microphones to assist users.
Staff and students who have been granted access to recorded content can view it via Blackboard using their network logon credentials.
Office for Digital Learning / ICT Service Delivery