Seven Secrets of Highly Successful PhD Researchers
What do PhD Researchers do to finish on time, to overcome isolation, doubt and writer’s block, and to enjoy the process? And just as importantly what do they do in order to spend guilt-free time with their family and friends and perhaps even have holidays? If this sounds appealing, then this session will be of particular use to you.
This workshop describes the key habits that our research and experience with thousands of students shows will make a difference to how quickly and easily you complete your RHD. Just as importantly, these habits can greatly reduce the stress and increase the pleasure involved in completing a RHD.
- how you deal with your supervisor
- how you structure your study time
- your attitude (or lack thereof!) in relation to your research
- dealing with writer’s block or having difficulty writing
- getting the help you need when you are stuck
- juggling multiple commitments and never having enough time
- keeping on going when the going gets tough
PhD Researcher Feedback (2019)
Fantastic session with a lot of practical advice that will be beneficial moving forward with my PhD project.
Wonderful, amazing workshop – essential to all PhD Researchers.
Bookings for workshops are via PhD Manager: https://phdmanager.ulster.ac.uk
Please click on Calendar (on the left hand side) where all the events are listed.
PhD Manager will hold your booking and attendance records for all Researcher Development activities.
The Vitae Researcher Development Framework
This session maps on to Domain B of the Vitae Framework: Personal effectiveness which includes the sub-domain areas of:
- B1: Personal qualities
- B2: Self-management
- B3: Professional and Career Development