Systematic Literature Searching
If a literature review is considered a trustworthy source of research evidence, it must be thorough, transparent and reproducible. This course aims to increase your knowledge of systematic searching and appraisal of published evidence.
- How to undertake a comprehensive literature search.
- How to document your systematic approach.
- How to apply appraisal tools
Feedback from PhD Researcher (2019)
- This was a really excellent session. Extremely useful, well-presented and with lots of opportunity to both ask questions and to engage in practical activities. Professor Taylor was very engaging and did a wonderful job of making the subject relevant to a wide range of disciplines and research questions. I would highly recommend this session to all first year PhD students.
- All content was very relevant, and it gave me an excellent insight into how a literature search and review should be completed. The insider tips will definitely help me.
Bookings for workshops are via PhD Manager: https://phdmanager.ulster.ac.uk
Please click on Calendar (on the left hand side) where all the events are listed.
PhD Manager will hold your booking and attendance records for all Researcher Development activities.
The Vitae Researcher Development Framework
This session maps on to Domain A of the Vitae Framework: Knowledge and intellectual abilities which includes the sub-domain areas of:
- A1: Knowledge base
- A2: Cognitive abilities
- A3: Creativity