NVivo: An Introduction to Qualitative Analysis
NVivo is a software programme for managing qualitative data where deep levels of analysis are required. This course is designed to introduce you to the software and guide you through your first experience of using it.
- How to set up an NVivo project
- How to import and organise your source materials
- How to use coding techniques in your analysis
NB: NVivo: Advanced Qualitative Data Management is also on offer (see next section). This introductory course, or a working knowledge of NVivo is a prerequisite for the Advanced course.
Feedback from PhD Researchers (2018)
- Very pleased with the methodological focus in this seminar, and glad to see that there was information on how to build and manage data analysis strategies. It's great to see an emphasis on methodological rigour which is so important in qualitative research. Can't wait for the second session!
- The facilitator for this course was excellent both in his knowledge and delivery of the software. I came away with a much greater understanding of how NVivo works.
The Vitae Researcher Development Framework
This session maps on to Domain A of the Vitae Framework: Knowledge and intellectual abilities which includes the sub-domain areas of:
- A1: Knowledge base
- A2: Cognitive abilities
- A3: Creativity