NVivo: Advanced Qualitative Data Management
This course is designed to build on what you have learned in the introductory course by building your analysis skills in terms of a more robust interrogation of your data and presentation of the findings.
Please note that attendance at an introductory course or working knowledge of NVivo is a pre-requisite.
- Learn to target a participant set and use advanced coding queries.
- Learn to create relationship nodes and code data to them.
- Learn to test preliminary findings against demographics.
- Learn to export results and report graphically on weighting of concern.
Feedback from PhD Researchers (2018)
- The presenter was great at engaging and explaining a pretty complex tool whilst making it relevant to the people in the room.
- Course material was excellent!
- Easily one of the best and most practical courses I have attended.
- The handout and the support contact information were both very helpful. Very well presented and useful!
Ben Meehan worked in industry for twenty-six years. For the past eighteen years he has worked as an independent trainer and consultant in support of computer aided qualitative data analysis projects (CAQDAS). A graduate of the Irish Management Institute and Dublin Business School he is also a member of the part-time staff in Trinity College Dublin, NUI Galway, NUI Maynooth and Dublin City University. He is a QSR certified platinum trainer and consultant. He has worked in all of the major universities and Institutes of Technology in Ireland and Northern Ireland. His work outside of the educational sector includes major global companies such as Intel where he consults in support of their on-going ethnographic research and the Centre for Global Health where he has worked in Tanzania, Malawi and Mozambique (2009) and in Ghana, Burkina Faso and Tanzania with the University of Heidelberg (2010) and Ethiopia for the Ethiopian Public Health Association (2011) and the Population Council, Zambia (2012). Apart from Africa, Ben regularly conducts workshops in Germany, France, UK, Northern Ireland, Holland, the US (Maryland, 2011, Yale, 2012) and Australia.
The Vitae Researcher Development Framework
This session maps on to Domain A of the Vitae Framework: Knowledge and intellectual abilities which includes the sub-domain areas of:
- A1: Knowledge base
- A2: Cognitive abilities
- A3: Creativity