First Steps to Teaching and Learning in Higher Education - 2 DAY COURSE
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A 2 DAY COURSE, PARTICIPANTS MUST ATTEND ON BOTH DAYS
- support the University’s Code of Practice for Postgraduate Tutors and Demonstrators
- to support the development needs of part-time tutors
- satisfy the requirements of Descriptor 1 of the UK Professional Standards Framework for Teaching and Supporting Learning in Higher Education
- take account of Ulster priorities in learning and teaching
Please visit the CHERP website for further information on the Award, including the Handbook: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/cherp/academic-development/first-steps-to-l-and-t-in-higher-education
Vicky Davies is a Professional Development Manager within staff development and a Fellow of the Centre for Higher Education Research and Practice (CHERP) at Ulster.
She has many years of experience in delivering and assessing Higher Education Academy (HEA) claims for recognition via accredited provision for new teaching staff and post-graduate students, through both certificated and experiential provision.
She is an accreditor for the HEA and holds Principal Fellowship of that professional organisation.
The Vitae Researcher Development Framework
This session maps on to Domain C of the Vitae Framework: Engagement, influence and impact which includes the sub-domain areas of:
- D1: Working with others
- D2: Communication and dissemination
- D3: Engagement and impact