The Annual PhD Scholarship Competition offers the chance for those interested in undertaking PhD research to get their study paid for.
Competition opens 20 December 2019.
Browse Funded PhDs by subject
For more details and to apply click on the topic below that you are interested in.
Or you can use the PhD Finder where you can view all our funded opportunities and filter by subject.
The timetable for the Annual Scholarship competition for 2020 is as follows:
Annual Scholarship Competition Timetable
|Competition opens||20 December 2019|
|Closing date for online applications||7 February 2020|
|Interviews by Faculties||March/April 2020|
|Letters sent to applicants||From 30 April 2020|
|Scholarship commence||September 2020|
- Applicants should hold, or expect to obtain, a first or upper second class honours degree in a subject relevant to the proposed area of study; applicants deemed by Senate to hold an equivalent qualification will also be considered.
- Applicants who already hold a doctoral degree or who have been registered on a programme of research leading to the award of a doctoral degree on a full-time basis for more than one year, or part-time equivalent, funded from any source, including self-financing researchers, are NOT eligible for a Scholarship
- All applicants should also hold a relevant English language qualification. All applications for scholarships will be considered on a competitive basis and with regard to the applicant’s qualifications, skills, experience and interests.
- Applicants should be aware that the competition for funded entry is very high. It is important that all parts of the application process are completed in accordance with instructions. All applicants are advised to discuss their application with the staff noted within the project description prior to submission.
- Applicants should note that disclosure of disability or personal circumstances should be made as part of the application process or as soon as possible thereafter in order to facilitate any necessary accommodation.