Funded PhD Opportunity Critical Theory, Critical Regionalism, Public Culture and Media Policy
This opportunity is now closed.
Projects or themes in this area include one or, a combination of: critical media studies, contemporary social, cultural and political theory, critical regionalism and urbanized capitalism, experimental film, media, cultural and arts policy in Ireland and the UK, political communication.
- Upper Second Class Honours (2:1) Degree from a UK institution (or overseas award deemed equivalent via UK NARIC)
- Experience using research methods or other approaches relevant to the subject domain
- Sound understanding of subject area as evidenced by a comprehensive research proposal
- A comprehensive and articulate personal statement
If the University receives a large number of applicants for the project, the following desirable criteria may be applied to shortlist applicants for interview.
- First Class Honours (1st) Degree
- Masters at 70%
- Use of personal initiative as evidenced by record of work above that normally expected at career stage.
The scholarship will cover tuition fees at the Home rate and a maintenance allowance of £ 14,777 per annum for three years. EU applicants will only be eligible for the fees component of the studentship (no maintenance award is provided). For Non EU nationals the candidate must be "settled" in the UK.
The Doctoral College at Ulster University
Launch of the Doctoral College
Current PhD researchers and an alumnus shared their experiences, career development and the social impact of their work at the launch of the Doctoral College at Ulster University.Watch Video