This 5 week course will build on previous knowledge to help develop ideas and processes.
Five week course aimed at students that have already achieved a basic understanding of ceramic processes and wish to develop and building upon their knowledge and focus on specific projects.
Sign up for course updates
Sign up to receive regular updates, news and information on courses, events and developments at Ulster University.
We’ll not share your information and you can unsubscribe at any time.
A globally recognised hub of creativity, innovation and entrepreneurshipWatch the video
About this course
In this section
This five week (6 hours per week) course is taught on a Saturday from 10am-5pm. The course is taught by Derek Wilson a graduate of the Ulster University and established ceramic maker in Belfast with an international reputation. The course is suitable for students that already have basic ceramic knowledge and wish to focus on and develop ideas and processes. The teaching will be both individual and group sessions. all main making techniques will be covered with an emphasis on skill development. Costs include all reasonable use of materials, colours and firings and takes place in the Ceramic Studios in the Ulster University, Belfast School of Art, York Street, Belfast.
Date: 26 January 2019 - 23rd February 2019 (Saturday for 5 weeks)
Time: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Location: Belfast School of Art, Ceramics Workshop, Belfast Campus
No entry requirements
- 26 January 2019 Apply
For further information:
Telephone: (+44) 028 9036 6680
- The University endeavours to deliver courses and programmes of study in accordance with the description set out in this prospectus. The University’s prospectus is produced at the earliest possible date in order to provide maximum assistance to individuals considering applying for a course of study offered by the University. The University makes every effort to ensure that the information contained in the prospectus is accurate but it is possible that some changes will occur between the date of printing and the start of the academic year to which it relates. Please note that the University’s website is the most up-to-date source of information regarding courses and facilities and we strongly recommend that you always visit the website before making any commitments.
- Although reasonable steps are taken to provide the programmes and services described, the University cannot guarantee the provision of any course or facility and the University may make variations to the contents or methods of delivery of courses, discontinue, merge or combine courses and introduce new courses if such action is reasonably considered to be necessary by the University. Such circumstances include (but are not limited to) industrial action, lack of demand, departure of key staff, changes in legislation or government policy including changes, if any, resulting from the UK departing the European Union, withdrawal or reduction of funding or other circumstances beyond the University’s reasonable control.
- If the University discontinues any courses, it will use its best endeavours to provide a suitable alternative course. In addition, courses may change during the course of study and in such circumstances the University will normally undertake a consultation process prior to any such changes being introduced and seek to ensure that no student is unreasonably prejudiced as a consequence of any such change.
- The University does not accept responsibility (other than through the negligence of the University, its staff or agents), for the consequences of any modification or cancellation of any course, or part of a course, offered by the University but will take into consideration the effects on individual students and seek to minimise the impact of such effects where reasonably practicable.
- The University cannot accept any liability for disruption to its provision of educational or other services caused by circumstances beyond its control, but the University will take all reasonable steps to minimise the resultant disruption to such services.