Designing Medical Devices and PPE Prototypes
To address the need for personal protective equipment we've pivoted the use of our 3D modelling technology to design, fabricate and supply front line and healthcare workers fighting Covid-19 with PPE.
Ulster University’s School of Engineering is applying their expertise in 3D modelling and medical device design and fabrication to support the Southern Health & Social Care Trust to design and fabricate innovative prototypes including:
- prototyping respirator and aspirator covers trialed by airway consultants to support patients and protect staff
- utilising the latest in laser and 3D printing technologies to support visor production to protect front line health care staff
- devising low-cost hand sanitiser alternatives derived from coconut oil for key workers
Head of School of Engineering
School of Engineering
- COVID-19 Outbreak: Modelling the Pandemic
- Covid-19 Podcasts: The challenges for health and social care in Northern Ireland
Areas of expertise Nanotechnology, point of care diagnostics, integrated algorithm based solutions, sensor & IOT technology, Digital Healthcare Technology, Innovation.