Career paths in sport
View the Sports Graduate Career Map Diagram
Find your career by exploring the range of job profiles below which can be found in the Sports Graduate Career Map. Why not also check out where our School of Sport graduates are on their career journeys!
Filter by your interests
- Health and Fitness
- Media and Marketing
- Sports Development and Management
- Teaching and Coaching
Health and Fitness, Sports Development and Management, Other Charities and Voluntary Sector
Science Clinical Exercise Physiologist
- Career details see page 21 of the BASES Career Guide
Health and Fitness, Sports Development and Management, Teaching and Coaching, Other Community Development Worker
Other Corporate Graduate Schemes
Graduate Internships available here on the Employability Portal
Science, Health and Fitness, Other Dietician
- Career details see page 23 of the BASES Career Guide
Other Entrepreneur or Business Start up
To start thinking about starting your own business check out The Ortus Group's guide to what to think about before you start Plus look at some case studies of local businesses who have started from nothing.
Interested in finding out more about running setting up a business as a social enterprise? The Social Enterprise Hub at Ortus provides free expert guidance on everything from what is a social enterprise, set up, governance, legalities, marketing, finance and much more.
It’s never too early (or late) to learn something new and City Business Hub based in central Belfast gives you the opportunity to explore all areas of developing your business.
Science Exercise Physiologist
Other Fire Service
Health and Fitness Fitness Instructor
- Active IQ: Qualification Awarding Body
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym) which is the essential pre-requisite qualification for any further fitness based qualifications. Please contact Rachael Telford for details of when the next course will be available through Ulster University
- career details see page 27 of the BASES Career s Guide
- job profile 1
- job profile 2
- job profile 3
Health and Fitness, Other Full-time Athlete
Science, Health and Fitness GP Referral Exercise Consultant
- career details see page 29 of the BASES Careers Guide
- Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) guide to exercise referral
Health and Fitness Health Promotion Specialist
Teaching and Coaching, Other Lecturer in Higher Education
Sports Development and Management Outdoor Activities Education Manager
Science, Teaching and Coaching Performance Analyst
- career details see page 35 of the BASES Careers Guide
- job profile
- STAT Sports
- Performa Sports
- Sports Code
Second and final year modules in performance analysis in the Jordanstown undergraduate degree courses will show you how to use performance analysis software and its practical implementation in the sports field.
Health and Fitness Personal Trainer
Sports Development and Management Physical Activity Development Manager
- career details see page 37 of the BASES Careers Guide
Science, Teaching and Coaching Researcher
Science Respiratory Physiologist
- career details see page 41 of the BASES Careers Guide
Science, Health and Fitness Sport and Exercise Nutritionist
Science Sport and Exercise Psychologist
Sports Development and Management Sport and Leisure Facility Manager
Sports Development and Management Sport for Development Practitioner
Some Sport for Development Organisations you may be interested in...
- Sport Against Racism Ireland
- Waves for Change
- The True Athlete Programme
- Climb AID
- Lionheart In The Community
- Youth Partnership for Peace and Development
- Street World Football
- Football Beyond Borders
- Magic Bus India
For more organisations can be found here!
Sports Development and Management, Media and Marketing Sports Administrator
Teaching and Coaching Sports Coach
Sports Development and Management Sports Development
Media and Marketing Sports Journalist or Commentator
Science, Health and Fitness Sports Therapist, Sports Rehab & Medicine
Science, Health and Fitness Strength and Conditioning
Students in the year 2 undergraduate degree programmes in the School of Sport at Ulster University at Jordanstown (within the SLS304 module) will have the opportunity to complete a strength and conditioning workshop equivalent to the UKSCA foundation workshop.
- What is the UKSCA educational pathway and where should I start on it?
- Do I need any qualifications to join the UKSCA?
- I want to move into strength & conditioning - can you recommend any courses?
- Do I have to complete all the workshops before I can become a UKSCA Accredited S&C Coach?
- What qualification do I get from completing the assessment day?
- Who recognises the UKSCA and its accreditations?
- Can you recommend any Strength and Conditioning degree programmes?
- Do I get any exemption in the accreditation process for having a degree?
- Can I be a Strength and Conditioning coach without having a degree?
- What does your insurance cover?
- National Strength & Conditioning Association
- NSCA Research Publications
- NSCA Certification
- Event & Conferences
Health and Fitness, Other Stunt Performer
Teaching and Coaching Teaching
Sports Development and Management, Teaching and Coaching Youth Worker
School of Sport Graduate Profiles
Are you an Ulster University School of Sport Graduate?Submit your career path
Strength & Conditioning Coach & PhD researcher at Ulster University at Sports Institute Northern Ireland (SINI)
Teacher; British Gymnastics Tutor, Assessor and Disability Awareness Tutor at Hill Croft School & British Gymnastics & self employed
Head of School of Sport and Head of the Research Graduate School (LHS) at Ulster University
Lecturer in Coaching and Sports Development at Ulster University; School of Sport