Ulster University Business Institute idea generation workshops.
Do you have a business idea to explore or want to increase your entrepreneurial thinking?
Bring Your Ideas to Life with the Generate Programme
Generate is a programme run by the Business Institute with the aims of increasing entrepreneurial thinking and having Ulster University students consider starting their own business, with some even creating business plans for new products or services. The programme is for all Ulster University students, part time and full time from all subject areas.
The programme is a combination of workshops and mentoring. There will be Ideas Generation workshops and Business Planning workshops held at all four campuses. The Ideas Generation Workshops will allow students to explore ways to find a business idea and identify how to screen an idea. The schedule for the Ideas Generation Workshops is below:
Idea Generation Workshops
- 11 November – Jordanstown 2.00pm to 5.00pm https://getinvited.to/ulsteruniversity/generate-jordanstown
- 12 November – Coleraine 2.00pm to 5.00pm https://getinvited.to/ulsteruniversity/generate-coleraine
- 18 November – Belfast 2.00pm to 5.00pm https://getinvited.to/ulsteruniversity/generate-belfast
- 19 November – Magee 2.00pm to 5.00pm https://getinvited.to/ulsteruniversity/generate-magee
Business Development Workshops
Students will be given the opportunity to explore how to develop their business ideas at the Business Development Workshops. Subject experts will facilitate the business development workshops. Guest speakers will be invited to tell the students how they developed their business idea.
Business Development Workshop Location and Dates
- 2 December – Jordanstown 2.00pm to 5.00pm
- 3 December– Coleraine 2.00pm to 5.00pm
- 9 December – Belfast 2.00pm to 5.00pm
- 10 December – Magee 2.00pm to 5.00pm
There will also be tailored 'campus based' mentoring available to all participants on the programme on a regular basis. The one-day mentor clinics would be offered every Wednesday of term time in the programme period. Students would be offered the opportunity to book a slot on the mentoring clinic in advance.