Celebrating collaboration in business and research. The Awards celebrate the positive impact our students and academic staff are having on societies and economies, both locally and internationally.
The Awards celebrate the transformational impact the university’s students, graduates and research are having on societies and economies across the globe.
The event, which took place at St Anne’s Cathedral Belfast, recognised the University’s collaborations with partners in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, both locally and globally.
On the night, Health and Social Care Leadership Centre, White Ink Architects and the Washington Ireland Programme were among the placement employers who were acknowledged by Ulster University for their role in supporting the next generation of highly skilled, industry-ready graduates.
Ulster University also awarded their industry partners for research collaborations that have far-reaching impact beyond academia. These span across smart technologies for healthcare, social policy and personalised medicine.
Excellence Awards 2019 Highlights
Research Excellence Award Winners
- Public Sector – Amnesty International, Professor Patricia Lundy
- Business Category (Over 50 employers) – James Leckey, Dr Ian Cleland & Professor Chris Nugent
- Business Category (Under 50 employees) – Nightingale Analytics, Dr. KongFatt Wong-Lin & Dr Magda Bucholc
- Global Category – Avellino Labs, Professor Tara Moore
- Outstanding Research Partnership of the Year – James Leckey, Dr Ian Cleland & Professor Chris Nugent
Professor Patricia Lundy
Dr Ian Cleland & Professor Chris Nugent
Dr Magda Bucholc
Professor Tara Moore
Placement Excellence Award Winners
- Winner of Public Sector Placement Partnership of the Year - HSC Leadership Centre
- Winner of Business Category Over 50 Employees Placement Partnership of the Year - Bryson Care West
- Winner of Business Category Under 50 Employees Placement Partnership of the Year - Doherty Pensions & Investments
- Winner of Global Placement Partnership of the Year - Washington Ireland Program
- Winner of Staff Nominated Placement Partnership of the Year Award - White Ink Architects
- Winner of Student Nominated Placement Partnership of the Year - Cirdan
HSC Leadership Centre
Bryson Care West
Doherty Pensions & Investments
Washington Ireland Program
White Ink Architects